Asphalt shingles are among the most popular roofing materials in the nation, and for good reason! They’re durable, long-lasting, and available in many attractive colors and styles through your roofing contractor.
There are three basic types of asphalt shingles: three-tab, dimensional, and designer. Three-tab shingles provide a uniform appearance and are available in a wide variety of colors. Dimensional, or architectural, shingles offer a more distinctive look that can mimic slate, tile, shakes, and more. Specially made designer shingles are uniquely colored and can be used to create a customized finish.
- The most basic three-tab shingle can last from 25 to 30 years, sometimes more when utilizing the latest in roofing technology. These represent an economical choice for any homeowner looking to re-roof his house.
- Fiberglass-infused asphalt shingles are more durable and weather-resistant than the typical organic asphalt shingle. They're stronger too, which makes them ideal for weathering high-wind storms.
- Architectural asphalt shingles range in style and sophistication depending on your tastes. You can find asphalt shingles that beautifully evoke the appearance of slate without the weight, and even shingles that mimic European tile roofs.
- If your existing three-tab asphalt shingle roof is in good condition, it may be possible to install a new roof directly over it. Your roofing contractor will be able to help you determine if this is a viable option for your home, but it is often a good idea to re-roof your house completely by removing the old roof first.
- Many high-end designer asphalt shingles come with lifetime warranties from the manufacturer because they require the most investment. When you need re-roofing services, always choose a quality roofing contractor that has the skills and training to appropriately install these materials.
Lyons Roofing proudly carries materials from GAF, the foremost roofing manufacturer in the country. We also carry and install Tamko, CertainTeed, Malarky, and Owens Corning products. We stand among only three percent of roofing contractors certified as master installers of GAF and CertainTeed products. Trust us with all your roofing installation and repair needs. Visit us online or call (602) 276-5515 today.